The Voice Memos app is an ideal tool for capturing notes by speaking instead of typing or writing. And like any note-taking tool, you may want to share what you record. Whether with another person or a different app, we’ll show you how to share recordings in Voice Memos on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Share Voice Memos on iPhone and iPad
You can share a recording in Voice Memos quickly on your iPhone or iPad. So, open the app and access your share sheet.
1) Either swipe right to left on the recording or select the recording to open it. Tap the More option (three dots).
2) Choose Share from the list.
3) When your share sheet opens, pick a person or app from the top.
Related: How to customize your Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
Share Voice Memos on Mac
Sharing a recording in Voice Memos on Mac is as easy as a few clicks. Open Voice Memos and select the recording. Either right-click and move your cursor to Share or click the Share button on the top right. Pick your sharing option and send!
Related: How to clean up your Share Menu on Mac
Do more with Voice Memos
For other how-tos using Voice Memos on your devices, check out these tutorials.
- How to automatically remove deleted Voice Memos
- How to mark recordings as favorites in Voice Memos
- How to create folders and file recordings in Voice Memos
- How to improve the sound quality of your Voice Memos recordings with a single tap
Wrapping it up
For handy, built-in way to capture your thoughts, record meetings, or keep a list, Voice Memos is perfect. And if you keep the sharing options in mind, you can collaborate with others using it just like sharing in the Notes app.
What do you think of the Voice Memos app? Is it something you use regularly?